New Reality Show American Beauty Star Features Best Hair and Makeup Artists
If you're a fan of all things beauty, set your DVR to Lifetime on September 21 at 10:30 PM for the premiere of American Beauty Star, the newest reality show you're going to obsess over. In a search for the next great hair or makeup artist, American Beauty Star features 12 contestants from around the globe who are expert stylists, YouTube influencers and straight-up beauty lovers. The series offers them a chance to duke it out, each acting as Beauty Director for one of the models.
Throughout the competition, the contestants are partnered with a teammate of the opposite craft to achieve the best possible look — and will be mentored by one of the biggest makeup artists in the game, Sir John. The reality TV mentor and career artist has made up some seriously famous faces, including Beyoncé. Judges include world-renowned photographer Russell James along with beauty maven and former Vogue Beauty Director, Sarah Brown. Each week, a third celebrity guest judge will join Sarah and Russell, with spots from Huda and Mona Kattan, Michelle Phan, models Behati Prinsloo, Christie Brinkley and Camilla Alves, singer Michelle Williams, Empire actress Ta’Rhonda Jones, and our very own Editor-in-Chief, Elaine Welteroth. Hosting the star-studded competition is legendary Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima.
What's great about this new show — besides the in-depth view into how glamorous, epic hair and makeup looks come to be — is that you'll get to see a winner on every episode, along with a grand-prize champion at the end of the of the series. Not only will the winner of American Beauty Star receive a $50,000 cash prize and tons of free beauty loot, but they'll also win a coveted spot on the beauty team at one of Teen Vogue's editorial shoots.
Watch the teaser below, and don't forget to tune in — there is some seriously beautiful stuff to be seen.
The American Beauty Star contestants are:
- Amanda Terry, Special EFX and Beauty Makeup Artist– Los Angeles, California
- Andrew Velazquez, Makeup Artist – Los Angeles, California
- Catherine Shim, Social Media Makeup Influencer – New York, New York
- Corey Ford, Hair Stylist – Houston, Texas
- Danny Jelaca, Hair Stylist – Miami, Florida
- Jenny Strebe, Social Media Hair Influencer, Educator, Author – Tempe, Arizona
- John Blaine, Hair Stylist – Los Angeles, California
- Kym Nicole Oubre, Makeup Artist – Los Angeles, California
- Mitchell Halliday, Social Media Makeup Influencer – Manchester, U.K.
- Sandy Poirier, Hair Stylist – Boston, Massachusetts
- Silvia Reis, Social Media Hair Influencer – San Francisco, California
- Tyme The Infamous, YouTube Beauty Guru – Las Vegas, Nevada